Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Bees Knees



These pictures were all taken at the Valley of Adam-Ondi-Ahman in Missouri summer 2011. We were picking up the sis and figured why not turn it into a mini-vacation. 

I am obsessed with bees. I don't know why and honestly it's really just these huge bumble bees. They are fuzzy and really an anomaly in my mind. Somehow those tiny gossamer thin wings heft their bodies off the ground and off they fly. 





He's a cute little guy and really he gave me some great opportunities to catch him.




I have another set of pictures of a bumble bee from the gardens at Versaille from last fall. My obsession went global. 



There really were only a few flowers that were not wilting under the heat and this guy really had a feast as this was a huge clump of flowers.  






As I said I have an obsession. But it's okay because they are just too darn cute not to like.

1 comment: