Monday, July 30, 2012

London's Streets

After years of false starts I finally made it to London. I have a huge obsession with the city and to say I was in hog heaven really doesn't do my excitement justice. I was in love. I have 1100 pictures from 3 days. Not even kidding. I'm a little bit obsessed with architecture though. Broken pediments and Corinthian columns! Oh my heart swells at the thoughts. So seeing as this sort of started out as a travel blog I figured I would share with you some of my favorite street shots from London. 



I couldn't resist the picture of the Canadian embassy. I had just represented Canada at my last MUN conference as a delegate. Holds a special place in my heart.




Can't remember where this was taken, but I just loved it!




A monument near the Tower of London. The sky was blue when we went into the Tower and a steely gray when we came out. It rained- shocker in London I know!





These were the lamp posts near the London Bridge and by the London Eye. They were AWESOME in person. Loved them.





Lions were all over the city. I cannot remember where this one was located. But it was somewhere in London. Hey I never claimed to be a geographer!



It's the little embellishments that make the difference.



I can't remember where this was taken, but I just liked it.




Random building. But I love the domed roof next to the mansard style roof. LOVE!
 This is a World War II memorial over looking the River Thames near Big Ben. It was really cool and for a family that LOVES history (two of us have a B.A. in History) we couldn't pass up getting some shots of this.

My dear sweet goofy mother couldn't leave London without a picture of herself in one of the phone boxes. And with Big Ben poking out in the distance and the street closed off for a cycling race we stopped here for the shot. She was so excited. I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment