Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Macarons, Birthdays, and my family

Well that time has come, another birthday is upon me. As I wave farewell to my 30th year and greet my 31st, I'm coming to realize that while I was nervous to enter my 30s (after all I was with my 20s for 10 years, that's a lasting relationship!) there really is nothing scary about your 30s. After all it is the new 20.


As I stand on that precipice of change I am learning to accept the change and move forward. This is all helped along by none other than the delicious macaron. Now this is NOT a macaroon, but a French macaron that is light, slightly crunchy and all around delicious. Seriously if you've never tasted one you are missing out. I give you full permission now to fly to France and try them. You'll thank me. No really you will.





Laduree is not unfortunately where we ventured today because well flights to France are crazy expensive and seriously I only had one day off, not a month. Instead we found a local bakery here from a man who was born and raised in France. Masion Robert was the place we found through a friend and since we've been talking about the macarons we devoured in the train station in Paris I figured this was the best way to usher in the new year. New years are always easier to handle with macarons. Seriously trust me. They are delicious.




Seriously it's hard to NOT be happy when you stare at this perfect little pillows of yummy goodness. They were not the exact version from France, but oh my they were delicious. The chocolate ones (shocker I know I went for chocolate) were so amazing. Just I can't really find the words to say how amazing. They were incredible. And the people were so friendly and so awesome. Seriously they get it right. It's tucked away in cute little Chamblee near all the antique shops that of course we had to visit! Of course! 




So if you ever find yourself wondering what to do with your next birthday, take my advice and find some French macarons, throw in some family time, a heaping serving of laughter and some reminiscing about an awesome vacation and you'll quickly find the gifts pale in comparison to the true gifts we receive in this journey of life: laughter, love and family. 




2 comments:

  1. Almost the three Ls. But it's not. More like 2 Ls and an F. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never very good at following directions.

    ReplyDelete