Sunday, March 30, 2014

Unemployment: Day 1

So truth I don't really think this is day one but I'm going to call it day one because my normal week begins on Sunday. I filed my unemployment claim today. Quite honestly I'm prepared for a fight because the people always fought against them, but we shall see what will happen. It's a little surreal applying. It's not something you generally think about when you're working as hard as you can, but in the end even hard work can get you to this point. I can say for certain I did not think waking up on Friday morning I would be out of a job by the end of the day. Then again I really don't believe anyone ever plans for this to happen; but I can say it will shape and change how I look at my spending choices and habits.

I'm dealing with it all though. I am not a wallower or a pity party kind of person. I am not interested in sitting around and having a pity party because this happened. It's not the kind of girl my parents raised. I know there will be a struggle and I know I won't always have a positive attitude about everything, but I have to try and keep pushing forward. Standing still is not in my nature. I am not sure why this happened or where this road will go, but I will somehow figure my way down this path. I've said it a number of times, but I'm tremendously blessed to have such a wonderful family and great friends who are here to help and willing to give me advice. I'm thankful for the power of the priesthood and my father's willingness to bless each of us with that priesthood power. I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for my parents. The minute after it happened I called my mother and without question she dropped everything she was doing to come over and give me a hug. Seriously she is amazing. And I won't even start with my dad. He's a rock in our family and I just can't imagine our family without his steady support. This isn't a journey I ever imagined myself taking but I'm thankful to know I have such a great support system to help carry me through the tough times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment