Thursday, November 28, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Procrastinators Edition

So I'm super terrible about keeping up with the blogging! I am behind so much on the gratitude for the month, but it by far doesn't mean I haven't had so many things to be grateful for over the last few weeks. As usual it has been a whirlwind of events and activities between work, church, and of course the ever fantastic SRMUN. At the beginning of the month it was really just a push towards getting everything done for work so I could go to SRMUN with no worries. I know I said it before but I was so thankful for those who helped assist get things in place for work. My two co-workers are awesome about helping to pull up the short comings I have and get things together. They are both really awesome and I don't say how much I'm grateful for their help, support, and their talents. Not many co-workers would be willing to help on a weekend when they are both off and busy!

I'm tremendously blessed with so much in my life, especially with family. I have my family-family and the collection of friends who over the years have become a family to me. My family, both those I'm related to as well as those who I've brought into my life are truly an incredible force in my life which are a force to be reckoned with each and every day. I'm never surprised at the lengths my family will go to support and uplift me. There are times I know they didn't just help me, they carried me through the hard spots in life over the last month.

I won't go into serious detail, but I'm ever so grateful for the help of my SRMUN family. SRMUN (Southern Regional Model United Nations) is an experience like no other. There really is nothing like a SRMUN experience. I remember being a first year delegate representing the Islamic Republic of Iran in the Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD for short - yes I know, yes I've made all the jokes as well). Now here I am several years later giving back to the conference which I really will credit with helping me to overcome the fear of public speaking. If I can stand in front of a room full of strangers, representing a country I have never visited, and speak about their programs and efforts I can pretty much do anything. I'm so thankful for the support I've found through MUN and how much my life has been impacted by the things I've learned through my MUN career. Making the decision to stick with the program and continue forward was by far the best decision I've made in my life.

There ares so many little things as well in my life I'm grateful for as well. You know them, the little things which make our lives easier, such as indoor plumbing, heating and air, cell phones which bring us closer, a warm bed on a freezing night, food being readily available for consumption, people who go out of their way to do something nice for someone, and so many more little things. Sometimes I think we forget those small things in our lives which add up to the big things; like waking up in the morning to a beautiful sunrise or seeing the blue sky after days of clouds and rain. The small things in our lives often go over looked and I for one am thankful that at least once a year we are reminded of the importance of taking the time to be grateful for the things and people in our lives which bring us joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment