Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's the small things in life

 

Sometimes it's the small things in life that make us happy- like a new radio. When I bought my lovely little Hugo almost two years ago now I was happy to see there was a radio with a cd player and a USB port. Even though my drive wasn't terribly long {at the time I lived about six miles from work} I still needed music to make the drive a happy one. Eventually though I noticed there was something not quite right with the radio. Every time I hit a bump, thought about a bump in the road, sneezed, had a thought, touched the radio, thought about touching the radio, tried to change the cd, and the list goes one the radio would reset itself. It was so amazingly annoying! Long car rides were just a lesson in frustration because the stupid radio just reset itself every two seconds. Sure there were stretches where the radio actually did what it was supposed to do- play music without any interruptions - but those became few and far between. I've got a pretty short temper and I will admit there were times I would just give the stupid thing a few well placed smacks. Not a good move since my thumb kept making contact with the little lip on the compartment above the radio. 

Finally I reached a breaking point today and figured in the time that I've spent killing the other one I could have replaced it and been done with the trouble and the headaches. Considering I spend a fair amount of time in my car each week for work I need something that I won't feel such rage towards every day. So I made a phone call and made my way to get the issue resolved. Two hours and a few bucks later I drove away with the new radio and didn't have to worry about pulling over to the side of the road to kill my radio with my shoe. Oh the joy of driving away and not having my song stop five or six times because the stupid thing reset itself yet again. It's the small things in life that make such a difference! Here's to some happier driving time with the new radio that is also bluetooth ready and lets me answer my phone without having to touch my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment