Sunday, February 3, 2013

Get up becasuse this rat race never ends

I'm sitting here watching the preview of the new season of SMASH and the line rings on as Karen {as played by the lovely Katharine McPhee}and as she is singing the opening song she sings "Get up because this rat race never ends," and yes she was right. This life is a marathon, not a sprint, and I for one enjoy that fact. Sometimes I feel like I'm sprinting, running from hither and yon for one reason or another; most of them related to work and the many miles I clock each week. I've felt it more than ever the last few weeks as I clock in more than 40 hours each week at work. I don't recommend the long hours when you're also trying to finish a degree. I'm horribly behind in getting my paper to rough draft form - translation- I haven't even gotten started with the lit review! More long hours are sure to come.

I'm starting to get into "get the job done" mode so I'm putting off the social life and finding some motivation for finishing this degree. I feel like Elle Woods in Legally Blond. You know the moment, the moment when she shifts from being just involved in law school to tackling law school and proving everyone wrong. She's standing in the bookstore, arms wrapped around the old Macbook {that everyone wanted because they were freaking adorable}, dressed in that Playboy bunny outfit, and wearing that determined look on her face. Well subtract the Macbook {I'm an Asus girl} and the playboy bunny outfit, and that's how I feel. I have that determined mindset and look because I'm finishing this degree I started. I can see the finish line in sight. I can taste the sweet freedom of no class and no papers and no assessments. Now to get up because this rat race isn't over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment