Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The finish line


The finish line. My finish graduate degree finish line. I actually see that line laying in the road up ahead and holy Moses it is really happening! Somehow getting to this point just seems very unreal. I never really thought I would ever actually finish the program. I knew eventually I would come to the end, but you know how it goes, the finish line is some amorphous idea in the not so close future. I put it off until finally I could not longer put the day off. The time had come as the walrus reminded the little clams. I was little clam and graduation was the walrus bearing down on me. Or rather the practicum paper was bearing down on me. 

Looking back now that I'm finished I wish I had stayed on track. I could have spared myself so much heartache and sleepless nights had I followed the syllabus. However, I know in the end I finished because I was a world class procrastinator who waited and waited and waited for that final minute before I got everything together and turned into the professor. Make no mistake, the failure was mostly on my part and this I fully realize. 

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say though and looking back and recognizing my mistakes doesn't change the course of events so no use worrying over it all. What matters is I pushed forward and in the end the graduation is happening so over the finish line I go and into a world where papers, projects, and presentations are not my nightly focus. 


2 comments:

  1. I know that font. It's Janda Elegant. My FAVE!

    CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love that you know the font name! I liked it with the scroll design on the border. I can't believe we finished!

    ReplyDelete