Thursday, May 2, 2013

Conquering My Unknown

Standing of the precipice of big changes always makes you look back and reevaluate life and where you want to make changes. I'm standing on that precipice and I'm ready to make the changes but there are a few more hurdles before I can make that leap. I think of that scene in Practical Magic, the one at the end where they are all standing on the roof and they are going to leap and land safely on the ground below. I feel like that though, like I will make that leap and it's a big leap but I'm going to land on my feet eventually.



Graduation is thirteen days away. Thirteen days! I can remember getting into grad school way back in 2010. I remember logging onto the computer to check the status and there it was I was admitted. I busted my butt to get myself ready for the GRE - which let me tell you was no easy feat since I loathe standardized testing and I'm terrible with math. Somehow I made it though and was admitted. I walked into class that first day not sure of what I was doing but I knew I was going to have to work my butt off to get the grades I wanted. My goal was graduating with honors. Unfortunately I won't get that, but I am graduating with a pretty good GPA.

It's a little nerve wracking. I still have to get some of my edits completed and back to my professor. I feel like I'm in editing hell that has to end eventually right? I have to stop myself from emailing her and asking if I have at least a C in the class because if I do I'm done with editing that piece. It's the paper that just won't stop giving no matter how much I want it to end. Alas my overwhelming overachieving little heart cannot accept that grade so I have to  keep plugging away at the paper.

Meanwhile moving has commenced! Not the major moving, but it's some slow motion moving :)

The kitchen
Living room

The apartment looks pretty empty after the day of packing and moving things from one place to another. I suddenly remembered why I hate moving - packing. Packing is the absolute worst. I want one of those magic bags from Harry Potter that Hermione had during the final book. That endless bag she stuffed everything they needed into and just carted it around like any old bag. Yeah where do I get one of those bags?! We still have a ton of packing to do - my books for the most part are still all sitting on the shelves and as we all know they won't pack themselves. Between graduation activities, end of the semester work, packing and moving, and all the "real" work at work I don't get much free time but I'm looking forward to the future and while nervous, excited to take that leap into the unknown. More pictures to follow as we get things moved in and settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment