Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ch-Ch-Changes!


So recently my sister and I made the decision it was time to get off of our duffs and make some changes in our lives for the better. Taking the plunge based on some research {we're both historians so yeah research was a given} and feedback from an awesome friend {thanks Nubia!} we purchased the Fitbit flex. It's been a little over a week and I have to say it does start making you think differently about your activity level and getting those extra steps in each day. I've used ones of those step counters before, but this one is more in depth and more targeted to making you mindful of the choices you make regarding activity. I'm excited to see where it is going to lead, not only for overall fitness, but of the different choices we can then make based on these reminders. 

Health issues run in our family so it wasn't only the decision to get health because we wanted to, but also because quite frankly we need to as well. We've lost too many loved ones to complications from heart disease, diabetes, and other health issues. I mean I know we don't get out of this life alive {kinda a dark thought, but hey it's true!} but I want to make the most of it and live every second to the best of my ability because this life is about expanding our knowledge and learning as much as we possibly can in our short time here on Earth. 

I think it helps when we band together as well to cheer each other on and lighten the burden of becoming a more healthy individual. I think far too often we've been given examples of how to break one another down to feel better about ourselves when really what we need to do is pull together and lift one another up. Technology is so amazing in this effort and we can really reach out and build one another up. We've built our support network to help cheer {and sometimes taunt ;) } us along the way and to remind us when we fail to keep those goals and plans. I'm super excited to see what the coming days, weeks, and months bring with the changes we are making and seeing how the small little things eventually add up to the BIG things in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment