Thursday, October 11, 2012

Professionalism, going once! going twice! not sold!




So today I had a meeting. To protect all parties I won't give details but I'll just warn you now I'm going to be on a touch of a tirade. This meeting was a difficult one because there had previously been some issues that are in the process of being worked out. We've all faced them before, that meeting you know is going to be completely horrible, but go forward anyway. The day started off pretty blech to begin with. I was across town, by two and a half hours, so I had to get up early and fight the ever loving traffic nightmare that is Atlanta. When I tell you it's a nightmare please know I mean full on car parking lot on the highway kinda nightmare. It. Was. Terrible. I left in what I thought was plenty of time, but alas no. I was late by 15 minutes and this was only after I sped like a demon to get there fast. (Yes I broke several traffic laws, sue me.)


So in I go to this meeting and I get mauled. You know what I'm talking about. It was like those animal movies where someone jumps into the tiger den and thinks the tiger is just a giant kitty cat until the claws come out.


And wow were the claws out on this one.

 
I just sat there taking most of it because well I kinda like my job and the fact that it pays for things such as my rent and water and power and food. Ya know, the necessities in life. Plus I've been drilled by everyone in my family, you don't take someone's rude bait. It never ends well. So I didn't. I didn't rise to the occasion though I will tell you it took all my power not to because I really wanted to blast people. Instead I was a professional who tried to smooth the issues over and make all parties happy. In end then I'm not happy, but then again neither will that person be once my boss is finished with their boss. So I guess in the end the other part won't be happy for long either

The moral of the story is to get respect you gotta give it. I think we've lost that in our technology driven world where our interactions are limited to paper.

2 comments:

  1. It's blind courage. Sorry you were attacked. On the plus side, that tiger looks REALLY cute! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just saw this today! Seriously absent from the bloggy blog. I know I couldn't help but post it up. :)

    ReplyDelete